Co-created by Ashoka and Robert Bosch Stiftung, ChangemakerXchange is a global collaborative community for young changemakers to connect, share and develop cross-border collaborations. Their mission is to maximise the social impact of young changemakers, who take part in impact retreats and become part of a global community of social innovators that learn from each other and co-create projects together.
Hosted by Ashoka Thailand, this summit will be for young social innovators from all fields and will take place in the beautiful Northern forests.
ChangemakerXchange gives you the chance to spend 5 unforgettable days in secret locations in nature and then to deeply connect and collaborate with 750+ like-minded members from 90+ countries and dive into issues like how to change systems, increase personal well-being to maximize impact and find your own role in creating a world in which everyone can be a changemaker!
Benefits of ChangemakerXchange 2019
- Travel costs to/from the venue (including air fare)
- The conference costs for all four nights and five days (including hotel accommodation, inner city travel, food, entrance fees, etc.).
- Connect and collaborate with 750+ like-minded members from 90+ countries
- Dive into issues like how to change systems, increase personal well-being to maximize impact and find your own role in creating a world in which everyone can be a changemaker!
They expect you to cover your own visas, local travel to airport in your own country and from the airport to the venue in the host country (in very limited cases we may be able to support with some of these costs, please reach out to them).
They also request a small application contribution of 15 USD (making exceptions for those who are unable to contribute) to cover their costs of thoroughly reviewing a large number of applications.
Applicants for ChangemakerXchange:
1) Must be between 18-35 y/o.
2) Should lead, co-lead, have founded or co-founded their own social venture / initiative (which can include ‘intrapreneurs’ pioneering innovation and social change from within a private or public sector institution) which is up and running and addresses a relevant social problem. We are unable to accept applicants with an idea only or who are volunteering for an organisation.
3) Must have a good level of English that enables them to understand, present, and collaborate throughout the summit.
4) Should have the skills and know-how to be part of a special community of collaborative young changemakers and be willing to play an active role within this community.
5) Must be a fit with the values of the CXC community (see above)
6) Must be located in and have impact an eligible country: Australia, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, the Philippines, Singapore, Timor Leste, Thailand and Vietnam.
Eligible Countries & Regions: Open to changemakers from all fields based in Australia, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Nepal,South Korea, Malaysia, Myanmar, Pakistan, the Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Timor Leste, Thailand and Vietnam.
Their Official External Links:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/cmxchange
Twitter Account: https://twitter.com/cmxchange
This is the URL through which you can apply for Fully Funded – ChangemakerXchange 2019 in Thailand https://www.tfaforms.com/4741043
Application deadline is 23rd June at 23:00 CET. All participants will be notified by 31st July 2019.