Innovation District 92 have this great opportunity for business owners, working professionals and business educators.
This is a professional exchange that will take you to Oklahoma, USA for a fully funded 5 weeks experience that will involve a professional fellowship placement at an American business organization.
Program Overview: The Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communication and the Ronnie K. Irani Center for the Creation of Economic Wealth (ICCEW) at the University of Oklahoma is partnering with the U.S. Department of State and stakeholders in Pakistan, India, Nepal and Kazakhstan to host a five-week professional exchange in the United States that includes a professional fellowship placement at an American small business organization. The Professional Fellows Exchange program is scheduled for Fall 2019. ID92 is the in-country partner for The University of Oklahoma.
If you are a teacher, manager or work in the field of business, apply now for this FULLY FUNDED exchange to USA.
Theme: Economic Empowerment
Sponsored by the U.S. Department of State
Hosted by the University of Oklahoma’s Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communication/the Ronnie K. Irani Center for the Creation of Economic Wealth (ICCEW) in collaboration with partners in Pakistan, India, Nepal and Kazakhstan.
What Will The Program Offer
1. International platform
2. Hands on professional experience
Deadline to Apply is 25th April, 2019
What Will You Gain Through This Experience?
1) Be exposed to the day-to-day workings of the U.S. business workplace through quality professional experiences of four weeks;
2) Gain exposure to a variety of American business organizations and networks in Oklahoma and Washington, D.C.;
3) Get a conceptual and practical background for integrating themselves into the American business environment through conceptual lectures, discussions and exercises to expose them to concepts related to budgeting, business plans, strategic communication, leadership and management principles, social media developments, the business/government interface, intellectual property, contracts and business ethics;
4) Enhance their leadership skills to facilitate positive change in their workplaces and communities as they develop personally and professionally;
5) Participate in weekly face-to-face feedback sessions with University of Oklahoma faculty to reflect on their professional experiences for that week;
6) Be exposed to rich cultural experiences that represent Oklahoma’s unique environment especially the Native American experience, and exposure to American family life in a variety of settings;
7) Become acquainted with the Pakistani-American, Indian-American, Nepali-American and Kazakhstani-American communities in the Oklahoma City metro area;
8) Be exposed to networking opportunities with U.S. placement hosts and partner organizations in an ongoing discussion and exchange of ideas, support and resources;
9) Get connected to a network of alumni from previous professional exchanges programs, professional placement providers and university faculty to facilitate ongoing discussion and exchange through social networking;
10) Have the opportunity to reconnect with Oklahoma stakeholders who will make reciprocal visits to Pakistan, India, Nepal and Kazakhstan
11) Be exposed to a variety of business networks in Oklahoma designed to support start-up companies and to governmental/media institutions that can influence business;
-Be emerging leaders in either government, civil society or the private sector in Pakistan who have demonstrated expertise in economic empowerment and entrepreneurial/small business development in the respective countries;
-Have relevant experience and expertise in the small business/entrepreneurship/economic empowerment profession;
-Be a Pakistani citizen;
-Be interested in experiencing hands-on the activities in a U.S. business or economic empowerment organization;
-Be committed to the importance of a sustainable and empowering business sector in a democracy;
-Be proficient in written and spoken English as the entire exchange program and professional placements will be conducted in English;
-Be between the ages of 25 and 40.
To go directly to the application form, click here: https://ousurvey.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6zZtuSxWdTNeApD
If you fit into this criteria, then you can apply or share this with your network, so they can benefit from it! Share To Aware
f you are interested in applying for this program, fill out the online application form. Note that all application and supporting material MUST be provided in English. The deadline for submitting the online application is April 25, 2019. The grantee organization and its partner organizations will review applications from the first week of May 2019 onward and set up in-person interviews with a shortlist of candidates in the respective countries in July 2019.
If you have questions, contact program director Elanie Steyn ([email protected]) at the University of Oklahoma.
Remember the deadline is 25th April, 2019